Monday 24 December 2012

Daily Devotional with Precious Daily Devotionals

UNHOLY ALLIANCES


“And after this did Jehoshaphat king of Judah join himself with Ahaziah king of Israel, who did very wickedly: And he joined himself with him to make ships to go to Tarshish: and they made the ships in Eziongeber. Then Eliezer the son of Dodavah of Mareshah prophesied against Jehoshaphat, saying, because you have joined thyself with Ahaziah, the Lord hath broken thy works. And the ships were broken, that they were not able to go to Tarshish”. (2 Chronicles 20:35-37)
Jehoshaphat was no stranger to the awesome ways of God. The Bible says that the Lord was with him because he sought and yearned for the Lord with all his heart and did not walk in the ways of Israel. The Lord established the kingdom in his hand and prospered him. But Jehoshaphat had now aligned himself with the enemies of God and entered into a ship building business with Ahaziah, king of Israel. God did not approve of this alliance. He had no part in the arrangement so He destroyed the ships.
God is clear about unholy alliances no matter the form or shape they take. He is displeased with the spirit of compromise that has taken hold of His people who have entered into marriage unions, business deals and other arrangements with unbelievers. He warns us in His Word not be unequally yoked because there is no fellowship between light and darkness, no communion between Christ and the devil (2 Corinthians 6:14). God says such alliances are not of Him therefore He will break them and destroy them. They shall not prosper.
Be careful who you align yourself with.
Prayer:
Lord, this day I dedicate my mind, body and spirit anew and I declare that they are holy unto you. Deliver me from unholy alliances known and unknown to me. Order my steps that I may walk in ways pleasing and acceptable unto you. Father, I pray that for each unholy alliance, give me the courage, boldness and strength to terminate it. I sever every unholy alliance that I have entered into and I commit myself to enter into only those alliances that are pleasing to you in Jesus Mighty Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment